Saturday, June 9, 2007

I Surrender to the New Media!

The New Media is officially taking over the world!! No one is safe! Out with the Newspapers, Down with the Radio, even into the back corner for the Broadcast News syndicates! Our ever-evolving society has evolved to a position in which there is no return-- a position of cultural immediacy. E-mail, the Internet, I-pods, Cell phones, and even Automobiles are becoming increasingly faster, allow the American public to access a variety of information and activities at an alarming speed! What have these phenomena created? A society in which ADHD is no longer considered a particular threat to a child's mental well-being; A society in which ADHD is the norm.

I have been one of the strongest supporters against this new craze of "Blogspheres" and "independent Journalists," constantly fighting to protect the American people from the flood of raw and uninformed opinions at the height of the "information age." But, alas, it seems that my fight has been in vain! New bloggers are popping up at an alarming rate, so, as the old saying goes, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." If I can't take down the Bloggers and Independent, soft-news supporting pseudo-Journalists of today's age from the outside, perhaps my infiltration of the inside will be enough to allow the American public to see the error of it's "age." My purpose in beginning this Blog site is not to publish what is solely my opinion on a subject, or to create a travelogue of my life's events, but rather to help other people be informed on what is happening in the world around them. For this purpose, I will not idly post raw opinion on my Post, but will attempt to use this position as a starting point for people who wish to know a little bit more about what is going on in the world, whether it be political, scientific, international, or local (though I must warn, being a student at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT, I realize that my concept of "local" may be very different from the viewers of this Blog). Now that I have released this disclaimer, let's move on to something important.

Happy Reading, and open up a Book when your done with this!!!

No comments: